Bug in CodeSnippetFolder?

SyntaxEditor for Windows Forms Forum

Posted 16 years ago by Kasper
Version: 4.0.0262
Platform: .NET 2.0
Environment: Windows XP (32-bit)
Hi,

When loading CodeSnippets for my application, I have a controller class, which instantiates a CodeSnippetFolder object for each of the languages I support. I call the constructor with the headersOnly parameter set to false, yet it seems that only the top level of CodeSnippets are loaded beyond header information. If I have additional levels, that is, directories, only header information is being loaded. I'm suspecting that the headersOnly parameter is not being passed properly through the CodeSnippetFolder constructor, but hey, what do I know, right? :)
I wish to be able to load X number of levels, including all the information for each snippet, since I wish to allow for my users to edit the snippets through a self constructed interface. Please let me know how to proceed :)

Oh, and merry christmas, everyone :)

Comments (7)

Posted 16 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Kasper,

You are correct, it wasn't recursively passing down your header-only option. It's now fixed (as a Christmas present) for the next maintenance release. :)

Actipro Software Support

I'm happy to hear that! So, since the release didn't make it for Christmas eve, when can we expect it? ;)
Probably at least a week or two. We're working on some very big updates for this SyntaxEditor release along with still having to do a couple other things as well with other projects.

Actipro Software Support

I'm hoping that the release will be out soon - this bug is preventing me from releasing maintenance releases of my products, since I can't do with broken CodeSnippet behavior. I'm sorry about nagging you on this, but do you have an ETA?
Sorry but the big updates are taking longer than expected. We are working every day on it to get the remaining issues resolved as fast as possible so we can get it out. We want to get the update out as badly as you do.

Actipro Software Support

Thank you, it seems to be working in the maintenance release :). Could you please compile a new version of SyntaxEditor 3.x? I still use it for one of my products, and I'm thinking that I probably need a new release since the Shared components have been updated?
Ok, 3.1 has been updated to use the new Shared as well.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.