Reordering line number margin and user margin

SyntaxEditor for Windows Forms Forum

Posted 16 years ago by Bart Read - Red Gate Software Ltd
Version: 4.0.0262
Hi there,

We recently purchased some more licenses for the syntax editor, and I have to say overall it's a very impressive control. I'm certainly very happy with the level of customisation that's available, and the ease with which it's possible to add custom indicators and custom rendering to the user margin.

There is one thing I'd really like to be able to do that I haven't been able to figure out so far, which is to reorder the line number and user margins. So at the moment, from left to right items appear in the following order:

1. Indicator margin
2. Line number margin
3. User margin
4. Text editor

However, what I'd like is the following:

1. Indicator margin
2. User margin
3. Line number margin
4. Text editor

Is there a way to do this please?

I'm currently using SyntaxEditor 4.0.262.0 for .NET 2.0.

Thanks,
Bart

Comments (2)

Posted 16 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Bart,

Thanks, we've very happy you like the product.

Sorry but the column order is fixed right now and can't be changed. Perhaps you could remove the line number margin altogether though and draw the line numbers on the right side of your user margin instead. This would allow you to emulate what you wanted.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 16 years ago by Bart Read - Red Gate Software Ltd
Thanks for the quick response. That's very true. It'd be pretty painless as well since all the properties I need for the line number margin are available on the control itself.
Cheers,
Bart
The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 3 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.