RibbonWindow maximizing under Areo on vista

Ribbon for WPF Forum

Posted 16 years ago by Bryan Livingston
Version: 3.0.0402
Platform: .NET 3.5
Environment: Windows Vista (32-bit)
I've been seeing this bug for a long time. It was happening in the previous ribbon version as well. I can reproduce it on multiple machines and with the ribbon sample app.

Under vista when Areo glass dwm is running and the task manager bar is in a different position (the top for instance) or when there are multiple monitors, then when any app using the RibbonWindow is maximized it will be positioned in the wrong place. It seems like the content area is getting miss positioned. Turning areo rendering off fixes the problem.

Also, under my dual monitor configuration (with aero enabled) when maximized on the second monitor, none of the ribbon buttons seem to work and when you click on the orb, it shows up on the wrong monitor.

If the window is maximized before it is shown (on startup), it seems to be positioned correctly even under aero. But using maximize/restore button will cause the bug to happen.

Bryan

Comments (5)

Posted 16 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Bryan,

The maximizing bug should now be resolved for the next maintenance release.

In our email conversation you said that the issue with the popups for the application button, etc. may not be happening in v3.0. Could you confirm that?

Thanks!

Actipro Software Support

I ried it this morning and it appears to still be happening in my app even with the latest version of the ribbon. I'm pretty busy today but later this week will try to take a closer look at it and maybe get a build public so that you can try to reproduce it.

Bryan
The second monitor problem doesn't appear for me anymore. I think a driver update or Vista SP1 may have fixed it.

The maximized problem is still happening though. Here is a screenshot of it happening in the test app: http://img511.imageshack.us/my.php?image=capturejc3.jpg
I just upgraded my app to use the latest version of the ribbon and the maximize problem went away. Very strange. It's even working fine for the test app now.
Posted 16 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Odd, but I'm glad to hear it's working correctly for you now.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 1 month ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.