Posted 16 years ago by Ernst
I started getting some layout problems and I don't see any changes which might have triggered that. Here is what happening:

All my application windows are ToolWindows: some of them are docked and others are tabbed documents. When I create new tabbed document it supposed to fill the whole main form client space excluding docked windows. Instead it takes a bit more: it takes all the main form space including status bar and excluding toolbars. So my docked tool window appears above the document as well as the status bar. If I auto-hide the docked tool window then I do see the whole width of the tabbed document but its bottom is under the status bar.

If I force re-layout by switching to standard MDI and back then all windows align properly.

Edit: I just learned that this is caused by using inherited form. It looks like if I inherit a form from the one with the BarManager the behavior changes so that Tabbed Document windows don't recognize the client area.

Please help,
Ernst

[Modified at 01/12/2008 12:36 AM]

Comments (2)

Posted 16 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Ernst,

Could you duplicate this in a small project and send it over so we can see what is happening and debug it? Thanks!

Actipro Software Support

Posted 16 years ago by Ernst
I already rearranged my code so I don't have any form inheritance. This fixed the problem.
The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.