Posted 16 years ago by Ernst
I'm using ToolWindowLayoutData to save/restore application layout. Here are some issues I noticed:

1) In tabbed mode layout doesn't restore the tab selection.
2) The form position and maximized state is not restored.

Thanks,
Ernst

[Modified at 01/18/2008 04:36 PM]

Comments (3)

Posted 16 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Ernst,

1) Could you clarify this... I'm using the Dock sample to save layouts and it does restore the selected tab when there are two or more tool windows in a tabbed container. If you have the latest maintenance release and are seeing something different, please post how to repro it in the sample. You can use the File menu to save/load layouts. Thanks!

2) I'm assuming you mean the root host Form here? That is correct, the tool windows only persist info about tool windows and don't track the host Form's state since the host may not even be a Form. It could be a UserControl or something else. So that sort of tracking you have to do on your own.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 16 years ago by Ernst
1) This is reproducible with the demo:
- run dock controls sample
- File->"Create 3 Tool Windows in a row"
- Move these 3 tool windows into Tabbed MDI area so they become tabbed MDI documents
- Select "Tool Window 2" tab
- save layout
- restore layout
- Document2.txt tab is selected (instead of the tool window 2)

2) Never mind the form position/state - this is better to be done by myself.
Posted 16 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Oh you were talking about the MDI area. Ok, no it will not change selection there since there may be other documents (DocumentWindows) that aren't part of the tool widnow layout but are already in the MDI area and it may not always be good to switch selection in that case. If you do want this though, you could write out custom data to the layout, like maybe the name of the select tool window in the MDI area and then when you read the layout back in, select that tool window again.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 1 month ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.