Posted 16 years ago by Matt
Version: 3.0.0405

Is is possible to include year up/down selector in the datetimepicker like Xceed uses in their WPF datetimepicker?

Comments (9)

Posted 16 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Yes, you could probably actually template it in right now to do that if you'd like.

But we also have a TODO item to add this ourselves once we get to the next round of updates to this control. Thanks for the suggestion!

Actipro Software Support

Any update on this where this is priority wise? If its low and far off, I'll make some other arrangments, however if its coming soon then I'll hold off, just need to know before I have an attempt at templating this...
Hi Matt,

Right now, one of our devs is most of the way through an unannounced control. Once he finishes that, he will probably start working on this sort of thing along with some other related controls like masked editors in preparation for yet another unannounced product. :)

But in regards to your request, I've seen calendars done two way. With the up/down buttons and with a popup that shows when you click the year and a number of years before and after available like a menu. Which sort do you (and anyone else reading this) prefer?

Actipro Software Support

I prefer the Xceed datatimepicker style or Silverlight, vs the overlaying screen that ExtJS uses for year/month, but whatever method is choosen I'll be happy, its a critical function of any datetime picker for a LOB app.
Hi Matt,

v4.0 now has the year up/down buttons implemented as an option. This should provide the functionality you desire upon its release.

We also are going to be probably making a more robust DateTimePicker in a future editors package post-v4.0.

Actipro Software Support

Excellent :) Many thanks
Posted 16 years ago by David Mullin
This feature is very cool, but is there any way to change where those buttons appears? We'd like to have double-arrows on the far left and right (outside of the month selector).
This can be done but would require you to retemplate the MonthCalendarTitle control however you need.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 14 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Fyi, this issue has been addressed by the MonthCalendar control in our Editors for WPF product, which reproduces the Vista style calendar.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.2) was released 2 days ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.