Trailing space after memberlist item is added...

SyntaxEditor for Windows Forms Forum

Posted 16 years ago by Kevin Bennett
I'm trying to mimic the way Visual Studio auto-formats some code, and I'm running into an issue with the trailing space that is inserted after a memberlist item is added to the syntaxeditor.

For example...

The desired formatting I have is Fields.Field1.Field1Property

both Field1 and Field1Property are entered in via a memberlist after a memberlist trigger brings up on the options when the user types "."

However, in the editor, the memberlist adds a space automatically after the item that was inserted. So I end up with the following...

Fields.Field1 .Field1Property

In an attempt to get rid of the space before "field1property", in the event of IntellipromptMemberListClosed, I scan backwards in the textstream to find the End of the Field1 Token and the Beginning of the "." token. Then I delete the text. This essentially consolodates down to one space. Namely, if I had Fields.Field1 .Field1Property, I would end back at Fields.Field1 .Field1Property

I have tried a few different routes at this, and can't seem to get rid of this space. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance for any help

Comments (1)

Posted 16 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Nothing in our code will insert a space unless space is used to select an item in an open member list and close the list. Normally, Tab is recommended if you don't want any characters inserted. Other characters will typically select the item in the list and close it, and then insert what was typed. Is that what you are seeing?

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.