Showing tool windows in Ctrl-Tab dialog

Docking/MDI for Windows Forms Forum

Posted 16 years ago by Kelly Leahy - Software Architect, Milliman
Version: 2.0.96
is there something special I need to do to get my toolwindows to show up in the Ctrl-Tab dialog? They don't seem to show up there.

Thanks,

Kelly Leahy Software Architect Milliman, USA

Comments (2)

Posted 16 years ago by Kelly Leahy - Software Architect, Milliman
Actually, it's even weirder than that.

It seems like when I ctrl-tab the first time, I see document windows only. Then if I go to the document window (via ctrl-tab) it puts me in one of the tool windows and then if I do Ctrl-Tab it shows only tool windows (no document windows).

Perhaps the problem here is that the tool windows are within my document windows - not separate from them. I think this is probably different from what your navigation control expects. I guess I need to give up on tool window Ctrl-Tab in my application. Is there another keystroke just for tool window navigation within a document window? Also, is there a way to go to the 'non-tool window' part of the window via keyboard?

Thanks,

Kelly Leahy Software Architect Milliman, USA

Posted 16 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Kelly,

Yes if you are doing two levels of DockManagers then that is probably what is happening here.

The NextWindowNavigationType property lets you determine whether to display tool windows only, document windows only, or both in the popup. When doing tool window only, ctrl+tab will cycle the tool windows. But still to work focus will need to be in the context of your document to work based on what you described.

You can use the arrow keys to move around within the popup while it is displayed.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.