Posted 19 years ago by painetraine
I am using the 151 release and am having a weird licensing issue.

My main form that has the syntaxeditor on it at design time works fine and displays the syntaxeditor fine. However, whenever I try to dynamically create a syntaxeditor control and add it to a form, I get the licensing dialog. This dialog doesn't appear when the app starts and I see the form with the syntaxeditor on it already. It only occurs when I create the SyntaxEditor control dynamically based on a user action?

Any idea how I can fix this?

Thanks

Comments (4)

Posted 19 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Do you have the SyntaxEditor licenses.licx entry in your main app project? If you create the control dynamically, you'll need the SyntaxEditor license info compile into your application assembly.

Actipro Software Support

I have the licenses.licx file in the project as an embedded resource.

It has the following entry for SyntaxEditor:

ActiproSoftware.SyntaxEditor.SyntaxEditor, ActiproSoftware.SyntaxEditor, Version=2.5.151.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=c4cd476ffc9028b7

I am not sure why it occurs because the initial SyntaxEditor that is displayed is created fine. It's only when I create additiona SE controls that the error occurs. I have a form that has the editor on it and it creates fine and I can even create multiple MDI children that use the editor control and they load fine, but when I try to create one in code when an action occurs, I get the license dialog with the following message:

Error: The licensee or license key that was entered is invalid. Please contact Actipro Software for assistance.

Thanks
Posted 19 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
I'm going to follow up with you in email.

Actipro Software Support

I just updated my profile with the correct address to send me mail. The old address is no longer used.

Thanks
The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.