Null-Reference Exception when showing Syntaxeditor

SyntaxEditor for Windows Forms Forum

Posted 16 years ago by Markus Foser - Developer, PROCOS AG
Version: 4.0.0262
Platform: .NET 2.0
Environment: Windows XP (32-bit)
Hello Dear

We have encountered a bug (maybe) relating to a null reference exception in the Actipro SyntaxEditor loaded with the C# language.

When this failure is approved via OK, our whole software crashes asking for sending the troubleshoot to Microsoft.

Unfortunately i can't reproduce this failure step by step, it occurs sometimes when opening/closing the Syntaxeditor many times. (Opening it, do coding, closing it, step to an other place, do coding, close it and so on)

- Used on a Windows XP Professional Machine SP2

The only Information i can send to you is the stacktrace; I did not try to dis-assemble due to obfuscation.
---> System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at ActiproSoftware.SyntaxEditor.SyntaxLanguage.a(Document A_0)
at ActiproSoftware.SyntaxEditor.SyntaxLanguage.a(Document A_0, EventArgs A_1)
at ActiproSoftware.SyntaxEditor.Document.a(ISemanticParseData A_0, TextRange A_1, Boolean A_2, Object A_3)
at ActiproSoftware.SyntaxEditor.Document.ActiproSoftware.SyntaxEditor.ISemanticParseDataTarget.NotifySemanticParseComplete(SemanticParserServiceRequest request)
at ActiproSoftware.SyntaxEditor.SemanticParserService.a(SemanticParserServiceRequest A_0)
at ActiproSoftware.SyntaxEditor.SemanticParserService.c()
at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(Object state)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.runTryCode(Object userData)
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.RuntimeHelpers.ExecuteCodeWithGuaranteedCleanup(TryCode code, CleanupCode backoutCode, Object userData)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()

Any idea what this could cause?

Thanks for your help

Comments (3)

Posted 16 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Thomas,

I would need you to try this on the most recent maintenance release to see if it has already been corrected. Please let us know if build 273 has the same problem or not.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 16 years ago by Markus Foser - Developer, PROCOS AG
Hello

Thanks for the answer. I delivered the dll's to the Person that has this errors.
Am i right with the assumption that when this is fixed in the newest version, you will not deliver a hotfix for this older version?

Greetings
Posted 16 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Correct, if it is for the same major/minor version (v4.0.xxxx) we really only do updates for the latest maintenance release.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.