One user has a DockManager load problem

Docking/MDI for Windows Forms Forum

Posted 12 years ago by Chris Shaw
Version: 2.0.0096
I have an application which installs and runs correctly for all users but one. For that user, the following crash happens on startup:

System.FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format.
at System.Number.StringToNumber(String str, NumberStyles options, NumberBuffer& number, NumberFormatInfo info, Boolean parseDecimal)
at System.Number.ParseInt32(String s, NumberStyles style, NumberFormatInfo info)
at System.Convert.ToInt32(String value)
at e.a(DockManager A_0, XmlTextReader A_1, ToolWindowState A_2, Int32& A_3)
at e.b(DockManager A_0, XmlTextReader A_1)
at e.c(DockManager A_0, XmlTextReader A_1)
at e.a(DockManager A_0, XmlTextReader A_1)
at e.h(DockManager A_0, XmlTextReader A_1)
at ActiproSoftware.UIStudio.Dock.DockManager.LoadToolWindowLayoutFromFile(String path)

The layout file being loaded is verified as the same for this user as for all others, as is the version/configuration of our application. This same error was seen when we asked the user to install a completely different application that uses the same Base GUI.

The above stack trace, however, doesn't give me much help in trying to fix the issue for this user -- I don't know what's failing. Can you give me any hints on what to look for?

Comments (3)

Posted 12 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hmm, it sounds like there could be a cultural issue reloading some numeric value here. Does this user's machine run in a different culture?

Actipro Software Support

Posted 12 years ago by Chris Shaw
Our software makes no distinction for Culture (every System.Globalizaion reference is to the Default). How would I determine if the user's computer wasset otherwise?
Posted 12 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
You'd probably have to ask them what culture they run on their machine.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v2020.1 build 0402) was released 28 days ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.