One user has a DockManager load problem

Docking/MDI for Windows Forms Forum

Posted 16 years ago by Chris Shaw
Version: 2.0.96
I have an application which installs and runs correctly for all users but one. For that user, the following crash happens on startup:

System.FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format.
at System.Number.StringToNumber(String str, NumberStyles options, NumberBuffer& number, NumberFormatInfo info, Boolean parseDecimal)
at System.Number.ParseInt32(String s, NumberStyles style, NumberFormatInfo info)
at System.Convert.ToInt32(String value)
at e.a(DockManager A_0, XmlTextReader A_1, ToolWindowState A_2, Int32& A_3)
at e.b(DockManager A_0, XmlTextReader A_1)
at e.c(DockManager A_0, XmlTextReader A_1)
at e.a(DockManager A_0, XmlTextReader A_1)
at e.h(DockManager A_0, XmlTextReader A_1)
at ActiproSoftware.UIStudio.Dock.DockManager.LoadToolWindowLayoutFromFile(String path)

The layout file being loaded is verified as the same for this user as for all others, as is the version/configuration of our application. This same error was seen when we asked the user to install a completely different application that uses the same Base GUI.

The above stack trace, however, doesn't give me much help in trying to fix the issue for this user -- I don't know what's failing. Can you give me any hints on what to look for?

Comments (3)

Posted 16 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hmm, it sounds like there could be a cultural issue reloading some numeric value here. Does this user's machine run in a different culture?

Actipro Software Support

Posted 16 years ago by Chris Shaw
Our software makes no distinction for Culture (every System.Globalizaion reference is to the Default). How would I determine if the user's computer wasset otherwise?
Posted 16 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
You'd probably have to ask them what culture they run on their machine.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.