DockManager WindowFocused fails to fire after state change

Docking/MDI for Windows Forms Forum

Posted 16 years ago by Geoff Matt
I have a DockManager which contains 2 ToolWindows. I've subscribed to the WindowFocused event on the DockManager and, as expected, when I move focus from one window to another the event fires and my method is called.
However this seems to go awry when I change the state of on of the windows:
1. Move the focus to ToolWindow2
2. Dock ToolWindow2 within ToolWindow1, the WindowFocused event is fired as the focus has now changed to ToolWindow1, all good so far.
3. Return ToolWindow2 to a floating window, the DockManager shows that it still knows about both ToolWindows but when I click between ToolWindow1 and ToolWindow2 the WindowFocused event fails to fire. It seems as if ToolWindow2 has been unsubscribed from the dockmanager when it was docked (which is reasonable) but is not re-subscribed when it is returned to floating.

I'd appreciate any help, I'm using Actipro UI studio v2.0.0095

Comments (2)

Posted 16 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi, I've been trying to dupe this with the latest live build 98 but have been unable to. Can you provide exact steps to repro it in the sample project's Dock sample? Thanks!

Actipro Software Support

Posted 16 years ago by Geoff Matt
Hi,
thanks for the response, I tried your suggestion of reproducing the problem in the sample application and, rather disappointingly, I can't. It all seems to work with no probs there, so it looks like something we're doing wrong.

I'll do a little more investigating on our code and let you know what I can find out.
The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.