Group Height

Ribbon for WPF Forum

Posted 16 years ago by John Lanpheer
Version: 3.5.0427
Is there a way to adjust the height of a Group? I'm using it outside the context of a ribbon.

Comments (5)

Posted 16 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Sure, setting the standard WPF Height should do it. However note that a MinHeight is set on the control so you may need to zero that out first if you want to make it shorter.

Actipro Software Support

Yeah, MinHeight works. Sorry, sometimes the simple things go right over my head...
OK, a further question on this. Is there a way to get the group to auto size to contents? I can't seem to adjust the height of this without explicitly setting a number, which I don't want to do.

I've seen all the ResourceKeys - I can certainly make my own and leverage your keys...
Posted 16 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
I've looked at the Group template, and unfortunately this is probably not possible with the default template. It is setting a MinHeight on the content area of the Group to keep it a consistent height when child controls of various sizes are used in neighboring groups. You could probably use Blend to grab a copy of the template and change this for your own purposes though.

Actipro Software Support

Thanx - Don't have Blend, but I've since written my own, using your brush resources, that looks just like yours with the exception of the animation, which I may or may not get to...

John
The latest build of this product (v24.1.2) was released 2 days ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.