Layout does not return to original after floating

Docking/MDI for Windows Forms Forum

Posted 16 years ago by Geoffrey Allen - software engineer, Kelman Ltd.
Version: 2.0.98
Platform: .NET 2.0
Environment: Windows XP (32-bit)
when i double click a docked window to float it and then dock it again the layout has not returned to the original. The inner fill window is hiding windows docked at the side or has reduced there size (width) to near zero. Please can you help?

Comments (4)

Posted 16 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Geoffrey,

I've been trying to dupe this in our sample but haven't been able to yet. Can you maybe make a simple sample project that shows it happening and email it over?

Actipro Software Support

Hi,

I've sent a small sample project which illustrates this problem to support@actiprosoftware.com.

If you run the project and then float and then re-dock toolwindow1 five times, each time toolwindow 3 will shrink until on the 5th dock of toolwindow1, toolwindow3 shall disappear and toolwindow2 (in inner fill) shall fill all of the form except for the area where toolwindow1 is. I need toolwindow3 (also tabbed with toolwindow4) to retain its size even if I float toolwindow1.

Geoffrey
Posted 16 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Thanks for the sample and testing our changes. They will appear in the next maintenance release.

Actipro Software Support

Thanks for your help. I shall use the dlls you sent me until the next maintenance release.
The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.