Posted 16 years ago by Gustavo Guerra
Version: 3.5.0428
Greetings,

We're forcing the aero theme on our application by merging the resource dictionaries at application startup, which works very well for all the native WPF elements, but the PopupButton continues to display in the selected OS theme. What could be the problem here?

Best Regards,
Gustavo Guerra

Comments (6)

Posted 16 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Note that popup button has its own distinct Style so the default control styles will not affect it. For our controls do this line at startup:
ActiproSoftware.Windows.Themes.ThemeManager.CurrentTheme = "AeroNormalColor";

That should activate the Aero theme for almost all our controls that support mulitple themes.

[Modified at 06/10/2008 07:40 AM]

Actipro Software Support

I've done that, but the popup button continues to have the xp look. When the mouse is over, it gets the 3D gray bevel (http://www.codebeside.org/popupButton.png) instead of the flat blue rectangle. We're setting IsTransparencyModeEnabled to true and IsRounded to false
Could you put together a simple sample project showing this and we can run it here? I assume you are running XP.

Actipro Software Support

Here it is: http://www.codebeside.org/PopupButtonSample.zip

In Vista with the Aero theme selected in the system it renders fine, in the classic theme (Vista or XP), the other buttons render with the Aero look, but the popup button remains with the classic look

Best Regards,
Gustavo Guerra

PS: It would be best if you supported attachments and images in your forums
My apologies, I had a typo in the code's theme name above. I've corrected it. It should have been "AeroNormalColor" instead of "AeroNormalcolor". The letter case makes a difference. Also, it's generally best to get values like this: CommonThemeName.AeroNormalColor.ToString() since that ensures the casing is correct for built-in theme names.

Change the theme name to "AeroNormalColor" in your code and that should fix it.

Actipro Software Support

Thanks,

Gustavo Guerra
The latest build of this product (v24.1.2) was released 0 days ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.