IntelliPrompt memberList in VB --- please help

SyntaxEditor for Windows Forms Forum

Posted 16 years ago by Amit Khanna
Version: 4.0.0274
Hi Guys,

Please help me with this. Please show me a code to drop down a memberList when I type in a trigger character... lets say "(".

I am able to show this list but that shows up empty and displays only for a second and disappears.

I am working in VB.NET and don't want to use any add-on...until I learn how to make my own for my language ;)

Thanks a lot,
Amit

Comments (1)

Posted 16 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Can you post the code you are using to display the member list? You are probably missing something simple.

As a side note, our "Simple" language sample shows a basic implementation of advanced language functionality such as fully working member lists, quick info, parameter info, AST parsing, etc. That is included in the sample project in full source. You may wish to check that out for fully working examples of this functionality. Just search for MemberList in the language code.

Also you don't need add-ons to show IntelliPrompt. Add-ons are just a term we use for a fully implemented language with advanced functionality but all that functionlity is based on what is provided with the code SyntaxEditor control. So any language can use IntelliPrompt or anything else you see in the add-ons.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.