VB.NET Horizontal Line

SyntaxEditor for Windows Forms Forum

Posted 16 years ago by eric
Hi all,

I have a question. I want to know if the SyntaxEditor can seperate Sub/Function with a horizontal line, like in Visual Studio.

Thanks

[Modified at 06/10/2008 09:27 AM]

Comments (8)

Posted 16 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Yes those are called Content Dividers. If you run the SDI Editor sample, choose VBScript from the Languages menu and on the properties, set ContentDividersVisible = true, you will see them.

Actipro Software Support

I'm sorry, but i already tried that, and it don't work, that's why I asked
Could you clarify what you tried? It works in our sample when I try it.

Actipro Software Support

I changed the value of "ContentDividersVisible" property to true from the properties pad, but no horizontal line. I tried to change it before launching SDI Editor application but nothing visible on runtime

thanks.
Keep in mind that it only works for languages that have content dividers designated in their language definitions, and when ContentDividersVisible is true.

So if you are sure that you have the VBScript dynamic language loaded in the SDI editor and see its sample Function code, etc., and then on the right change ContentDividersVisible = true in the property grid, you will see the content divider under the End Function.

VBScript is our sample language that does show the content dividers. I don't believe the other languages have any code in them to work with content dividers.

Actipro Software Support

I didn't know that, because in VS, dividers exist for VB.NET.
Is this in the To do list too, or I can implement it by myself? any tips?

thanks
Is there any idea ?
You can do these yourself. Just add IsContentDivider="True" on the appropriate pattern groups in the dynamic language XML definition.

Take a look at the sample's ActiproSoftware.VBScript.xml definition for a sample on what to do. Search for IsContentDivider.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.