Nested Dock Sites Sample Bug

Docking/MDI for WPF Forum

Posted 16 years ago by Matthias Mueller
Platform: .NET 3.5
Environment: Windows XP (32-bit)
When running the Nested Dock Sites sample and making "Inner DockSite 1-1" tool window become floating and switch to "Document2" and back to "Document1", the "Inner DockSite 1-1" tool window disappears.

-Matthias

Comments (3)

Posted 16 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Yes, this is how it is currently designed. When the host DockSite is unloaded, it will close any rafting (undocked/floating) tool windows.

If you have other suggestions for functionality, please describe the scenario you need and we'll certainly try to help fit your needs.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 16 years ago by Matthias Mueller
As far as I understand the sample, we have 3 DockSites.
One for Document1, one for Document2, and the third for general purpose.

I think it is ok that when the host DockSite is unloaded, it will close any rafting (undocked/floating) tool windows. But I would expect that it will restore its internal (and still present) state when it is loaded again. And in this situation it should load and positon all the tool windows, even the rafting ones.

BTW: when switching between Document1 and Doucment2, are the tool windows only closed or destroyed?

-Matthias
Posted 16 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Matthias,

Excellent idea... it's now implemented for the upcoming build.

So in our nested sample, we have an outer DockSite with two tool windows and an MDI area with two document windows in it. Each of the document windows has their own DockSite with two tool windows in inner-fill mode. When you raft the tool windows from the inner DockSites and switch to the other document, it will close (not destroy) the tool windows that were rafted. When you switch back to the original document, it will reopen those rafted tool windows. It works really nicely and I think you'll like it!

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.2) was released 1 days ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.