Disable highlighting animation in AnimatedProgressBar

WPF Studio, Themes, and Shared Library for WPF Forum

Posted 16 years ago by Francesco Devittori
Version: 4.0.0455
Hi,
I've upgraded to the latest version of the Ribbon and the Shared Library, and I've started to use the AnimatedProgressBar control.
First, it really looks great, congratulations on the good work!

Here is the minor problem I'm trying to solve: I have a window where I use a rather large number of these objects (previously I used normal progress bars), they are inside a listview and their value is fixed most of the time.

Sometimes the user performs some action and the animated progress bars in the listview are updated with a new value (all of them at the same time).
I noticed that when I have about 6 or more progress bars, things get a bit slow. I assume the highlighting animation could be the cause (I already disabled the "value animation").

I'd like to disable the highlighting animation (i.e. the gloss thing that periodically moves along the bar), also because it looks a bit heavy with several rows.

I know I can set the highlighting color to Transparent: this makes the effect invisible, but it's still slow (I suppose the animation is still being computed).

Is there a way to disable the highlighting animation?

Thanks!
Francesco

Comments (2)

Posted 16 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Francesco,

We can certainly add an option to disable the highlight animation, but I'm curious as to whether you saw the same problem with the native WPF ProgressBar. If you can send over a small sample project, then we could verify that the highlight animation is indeed causing your problem.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 16 years ago by Francesco Devittori
In fact I've never tried the native progress bar with Aero theme: I had a custom template that was not so ugly but not as nice as your animated progress bar (to tell the truth I didn't even know it was possible to use the Aero theme with the native progress bar).

Tomorrow I'll try to isolate the situation in a small project.

However please notice that it's not really a problem, I'm just trying to optimize and make my window more responsive (it's an already complex and quite heavy form).

Thanks
Francesco
The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 21 days ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.