WPF Gauge Issues

Gauge for WPF Forum

Posted 16 years ago by Ben Morrison
I am evaluating you WPF Gauge and it looks promising but is missing some functionality that is needed. I realize that this is a new product, but I thought I would present my issues to see if a solution is already in the works or could be.

1. Linear Gauge requires a pointer bar to be tied to the minumum or maximum tick value.

I have a gauge that has zero in the center with negative and positive values on either side. The pointer bar origin should be tied to zero not the minimum or maximum. So if the value was negative the bar would start at zero and end at the negative value and vice versa for positive values.

2. Additional controls

I also have the need for switches, knobs, and led lights. I was wondering if you plan on expanding your library to include any of these. I was able to create a knob using a circular gauge and this may be the solution aside from creating the additional controls myself.

Overall, this looks like a great library and the functionality that is included looks finished and works well.

Comments (2)

Posted 16 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Ben,

Thanks for looking at our product. Let me answer your questions.

1) We don't support that feature right now but it's a good idea and we'll add it to the TODO list.

2) We have done some work to add knobs for the next update to Gauge. We still need to clean those up but they will have interaction support, etc.

We'll look into adding switches and LEDs in the future too. We also have an LED digital panel that should be added soon.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 15 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Ben,

Both of these points have been implemented with the v4.5.0480 release of WPF Studio

1. Pointer bars, for both Circular and Linear gauges, can now use zero as their origin.

2. We have added two new controls, an Led control and a ToggleSwitch control. As for knobs, our Circular and Linear gauge now support user interaction via the mouse. So you can create a interactive knob control using our CircularGauge.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.