KeyTipAccessText for standard controls in ribbon

Ribbon for WPF Forum

Posted 16 years ago by Tim Mawson
Version: 4.0.0457
I notice that the Actipro ribbon controls all override a OnKeyTipAccessed method to provide the action performed when a key tip is invoked (such as clicking the button or giving focus).

I guess this means that I can only assign a keytip to Actipro's controls and not standard WPF controls, of any of my own making? I thought perhaps KeyTipService may be the answer, but this just seems to give me the KeyTip visuals with no way to control the behaviour.

Maybe if KeyTipService exposed an attached event it would allow me to assign and handle a KeyTip on a non Actipro control?

Tim Mawson

Comments (5)

Posted 16 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Tim,

That would probably be a good idea for a code change, to make it attached event driven instead of how it is right now, where the base controls implement an internal interface for this and other things.

However to work around it with the current version, I would suggest making a control that inherits ControlBase and making it so that control can contain a child visual. Then embed your child Visual in that ControlBase "wrapper" and you can override the OnKeyTipAccessed method there.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 14 years ago by FinallyInSeattle
Has anything changed in later releases that would make it easier to assign a keytip to "non-Actipro" controls that appear in the Ribbon?

Thanks in advance!
Posted 14 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Sorry we haven't done anything additional on this request at this time.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 14 years ago by FinallyInSeattle
Is there anything in the pipeline? We are starting to address accessibility in our next release and this will be a vital requirement for us.
Posted 14 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Not at this time, it's a pretty low-priority TODO item for us considering there is a potential workaround with the ControlBase "wrapper idea described above.

If that doesn't work for you and you require a more customized implementation, you can also look into our consulting services. In cases like these where something may be low priority for us but high for you, it's a good way to get the feature in fast.
http://www.actiprosoftware.com/Purchase/ConsultingServices.aspx

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.2) was released 3 days ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.