Ribbon for WPF Forum

Posted 14 years ago by Arthur Damen
Version: 9.2.0511
Platform: .NET 3.5
Environment: Windows Vista (32-bit)
Start a RibbonWindow application.

Have a look at the current left,top position
Press the minimize button.

Press in the taskbar on the ribbonwindow application to re-open the window.

The top position is wrong! It is positioned to high!

[Modified at 01/07/2010 08:50 AM]

Comments (3)

I just tested it in 511, also wrong.
Posted 14 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Arthur,

That is a known issue. Basically it is due to how we have to use Windows API to trick Windows into allowing WPF content to render in the non-client titlebar glass area of the Window. Normally WPF content cannot render in the non-client area of a Window, due to how Microsoft designed things.

We haven't yet found a WPF-based ribbon window implementation that has been able to work around this issue either. We ourselves have spent many hours on it trying to find a way around it but have not had success as of yet. It seems to occur after you move the window, change state, then restore it. It will jump up by titlebar height from where it was. If you minimize it and restore again, it will go back to where it should.

Actipro Software Support

It's not only the minimize.

When I stop my application and serialize the layout to store the docking positions, next time i start my application again, it moves the same amount of pixels as in the minimize thing up.
The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.