Strong Name Validation Failed

SyntaxEditor for Windows Forms Forum

Posted 16 years ago by Charles Mussely
Version: 4.0.0275
Platform: .NET 2.0
Environment: Windows XP (32-bit)
I have recently Signed my application with a key.

I now get this error:

Could not load file or assembly 'ActiproSoftware.SyntaxEditor.Net20, Version=4.0.275.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=21a821480e210563' or one of its dependencies. Strong name validation failed. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8013141A)

Comments (1)

Posted 16 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Charles, I don't think it's anything with how we strong name our assemblies. We do strongly name all our assemblies and if it didn't work, they wouldn't be able to be installed into the GAC at all. We haven't changed that code in our build process in years and certainly would have had reports if there were issues with it.

Perhaps you are thinking you are referencing one version of SyntaxEditor but for some reason it's pulling in an older version that you had installed in the past? I'd double check your reference and validate that it's getting the right thing. Maybe also check your licenses.licx file to ensure that has the matching entries for version number.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.