Automation of Actipro Ribbon button

Ribbon for WPF Forum

Posted 16 years ago by Azhagiri Selvam
Version: 3.5.0421
Hi,

We are in the process of automating the UI for testing purposes. However, we are unable to invoke the actipro ribbon buttons used in our application. These buttons get detected in the UI automation tools like UI verify but no Invoke patterns are detected. Any pointers will be immensely helpful

Thanks!
-Giri

Comments (4)

Posted 16 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hello, you accidentally posted this in the Bar Code forum so I moved it back to the Ribbon forum.

I believe this sort of functionality was added in v4.0. So if you have a WPF Studio subscription that is still active, you can request for free the latest version 4.5. That version should have this functionality.

Actipro Software Support

We tried the latest version, downloaded from the link http://www.actiprosoftware.com/Download/Evaluations.aspx. Still no invoke patterns are detected.
Posted 16 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
We just tested this with UISpy on the latest version, and the buttons in our Document Editor sample have the Invoke pattern, as well as the Toggle pattern when it's checkable.

How are you checking for the available patterns? Also, if you can provide a sample project that reproduces this issue, then we could probably find the issue more quickly.

Actipro Software Support

I didn't install it properly. After proper installation its working fine.

Thanks!
-Giri
The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.