Posted 16 years ago by Lisa
Version: 4.0.0258
Hello,

We just added the .NET languages add-on to our app. I want to be able to use the automatic IntelliPrompt features for the .NET framework classes, but I need to be able to customize the member lists and quick info for certain objects. Previously, I was displaying the member lists and quick info by handling the TriggerActivated and ViewMouseHover events. These events no longer fire when I'm using the CSharpSyntaxLanguage. I see how I can edit the member list by handling the SyntaxEditorIntelliPromptMemberListPreFilter event, but is there a way to customize the quick info tooltip? Also, is there a way to make the TriggerActivated and ViewMouseHover events fire so I could keep the same code for both .NET and non-.NET languages?

Thanks,
Lisa

Comments (2)

Posted 16 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Lisa,

The .NET Add-on doesn't use any triggers. So that's probably why TriggerActivated doesn't fire. However ViewMouseHover should be firing. I just looked at our code and nothing should be intercepting it. Actually it will fire AFTER the e.ToolTipText is populated with data from the language. So it would be an ideal place to modify what the language came up with.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 16 years ago by Lisa
Actually, my problem wasn't exactly that the ViewMouseHover event wasn't firing, but that e.HitTestResult.Token.Key was never equal to "IdentifierToken" which is what I was looking for previously to populate a quick info tooltip. I just discovered that with the .NET add-on I need to check for "Identifier" instead. This should take care of what I'm trying to do. Thanks for your help!

Lisa
The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.