Posted 16 years ago by Miha Markic - Righthand
Version: 4.0.0276
Hi guys,

How would I force UserInterfaceUpdate event to fire? I have the following situation: I am showing parsing errors within the mentioned event. However I can compile the code, too, and show compiler errors. Now, if user changes the document and quickly hit compile then i get the compilation error first and after some delay, parsing errors (thus parsing errors override my compilation errors).

So I though I'd force UserInterfaceUpdate event right before compilation starts.

Miha Markic Righthand .net consulting and software development

Comments (3)

Posted 16 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
You could make a class that inherits SyntaxEditor and call the base.OnUserInterfaceUpdate method.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 16 years ago by Miha Markic - Righthand
Hi guys,

Yes, I certainly could. However the problem remains - I guess syntax editor will still call the method by itself later on (I want to clear the "queue" before my compilation).

Miha Markic Righthand .net consulting and software development

Posted 16 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
That event is only raised by us after OnDocumentTextChanged and OnDocumentSemanticParseDataChanged are called. So maybe you could override those and set a flag like ignoreNextUserInterfaceUpdate. Then in OnUserInterfaceUpdate, block the base call if that flag is set, then reset it to false.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.