"FileNotFoundException" when break on "Common Language Runti

WPF Studio, Themes, and Shared Library for WPF Forum

Posted 15 years ago by Dirk Gaudian - Development Director, Loy & Hutz AG
Version: 4.5.0480
Platform: .NET 3.5
Environment: Windows XP (32-bit)
"FileNotFoundException" when break on "Common Language Runtime Exceptions" enabled
When we select "Common Language Runtime Exceptions" under "Break when exception is: [..] Thrown" in the "Excpetions" Dialog of Visual Studio, we get several "FileNotFoundException"s:

System.IO.FileNotFoundException occurred
Message="Die Datei oder Assembly ActiproSoftware.Shared.Wpf30.zune, Version=4.5.480.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=36ff2196ab5654b9 oder eine Abhängigkeit davon wurde nicht gefunden. Das System kann die angegebene Datei nicht finden."

Deselecting System.IO.FileNotFoundException in that dialog is no solution, because we are hunting down our own missing files with just that option.
Does the missing assembly exist somewhere or is this just a leftover / future feature?

Comments (1)

Posted 15 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Dirk,

Our code doesn't do anything specifically to look for Zune theme. In fact none of our computers even had the Zune theme installed until today after reading your message.

After installing the Zune theme, I ran WPF Studio's Sample Browser in debug mode with breaking on CLR exceptions checked, and everything ran fine with no exceptions.

As you posted, I assume you are running our latest code 4.5.0480, and that the exception occurs right away? I did run through some of the demos too and didn't see any exceptions occur.

This sounds like something going wrong in the Microsoft assemblies. Per this post, that exception should be getting caught though by the system:
http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/wpf/thread/697be629-823b-4491-8c02-ea39e44c2788/

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.