Intelliprompt for multi-argument functions

SyntaxEditor for Windows Forms Forum

Posted 19 years ago by jeffrap - USA
Do you have an example or suggestion of having intelliprompts memberlists for one or more arguments for a function that has multiple arguments? For example I have a function that takes 3 arguments, and 2 of them are enums (and hence the choices could be given by intelliprompts). The third argument is a value that can be chosen from an intelliprompt list -- where the intelliprompt list will be determined at runtime.

Thanks

[ 01-01-2005: Message edited by: jeffrap ]

Comments (4)

Posted 19 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Do you mean that you simply want to display a list then on the close of it, display another? If so, you should probably open the second list in the IntelliPromptMemberListClosing event.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 19 years ago by jeffrap - USA
Hi, what I want to do is the following:

I have a function that take 3 parameters..... example Function(Param1,Param2, Param3)

each of the paramters will take an intelliprompt list.

When i press teh first ( the list of params for the first parameter will show, when I select one of those parameters, and press a "," then the second list of intelliprompt parameters will show..etc.
Posted 19 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
We don't have an automatic way of handling that sort of thing yet although we'll mark it down for a future enhancement.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 19 years ago by painetraine
I do something similar to this, when the user types "(" I show a list and then as long as they keep typing "," I show additional lists. I have to manually parse my location, but it's fairly easy using the token collection.

I basically just have keypresstriggers for ( and , so that when user presses ( I check the function token before the ( and then display a intelliprompt and then when user presses ",", I handle it through the "," keypresstrigger.

Works fairly well and doesn't take too much code.

Hope this helps.
The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.