Tooltops appear off the curent screen on second monitor

Ribbon for WPF Forum

Posted 15 years ago by Steve GW
Version: 4.5.0480
Hi,

Basic Tool tips are appearing in the top left hand corner of second screen not under the cursor on the current screen as expected. I'M running from VS2008 3.5 sp1 - Its odd as the sample browser does not do this

Any ideas - Note I'm using 120 DPI - something I have begun to notice is changing DPI is not handled well but its not happening on the browser example

[Modified at 11/16/2008 06:04 PM]

[Modified at 11/16/2008 06:20 PM]

Comments (3)

Posted 15 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Steve,

That is odd and we have not seen this before. Could you please put together a small sample that reproduces the issue and email it over to our support address? This would be the best way for us to debug the issue.

Thanks

Actipro Software Support

Posted 15 years ago by Steve GW
I did a little more investigation and if I change the DPI back to 96DPI it gets better but not as expected

I don't think I have done anything special - I expected the tooltip to appear under the cursor but its under the cursor but outside the ribbon - I did hope to attach an image but that does not seem possible.

I wonder if you might check any of you examples and increase the DPI to 120 say to see if you can duplicate.

I'm still expriementing

<ribbon:Group Label="Colors">

<ribbon:ColorPickerGallery Name="LineColorSelector" InitialColumnCount="10" VerticalScrollBarVisibility="Hidden" HorizontalAlignment="Center" Command="ribbonCommands:DocApplicationCommands.LineColor">
<ribbon:PopupGallery.CategorizedItemsSource>
<x:Array Type="{x:Type media:SolidColorBrush}">
<media:SolidColorBrush ribbon:PopupGallery.Category="Line Color" Color="#C00000" ribbon:ScreenTipService.ScreenTipHeader="Dark Red" />
<media:SolidColorBrush ribbon:PopupGallery.Category="Line Color" Color="#FF0000" ribbon:ScreenTipService.ScreenTipHeader="Red" />
<media:SolidColorBrush ribbon:PopupGallery.Category="Line Color" Color="#FFC000" ribbon:ScreenTipService.ScreenTipHeader="Orange" />
<media:SolidColorBrush ribbon:PopupGallery.Category="Line Color" Color="#FFFF00" ribbon:ScreenTipService.ScreenTipHeader="Yellow" />
<media:SolidColorBrush ribbon:PopupGallery.Category="Line Color" Color="#92D050" ribbon:ScreenTipService.ScreenTipHeader="Light Green" />
<media:SolidColorBrush ribbon:PopupGallery.Category="Line Color" Color="#00B050" ribbon:ScreenTipService.ScreenTipHeader="Green" />
<media:SolidColorBrush ribbon:PopupGallery.Category="Line Color" Color="#00B0F0" ribbon:ScreenTipService.ScreenTipHeader="Light Blue" />
<media:SolidColorBrush ribbon:PopupGallery.Category="Line Color" Color="#0070C0" ribbon:ScreenTipService.ScreenTipHeader="Blue" />
<media:SolidColorBrush ribbon:PopupGallery.Category="Line Color" Color="#002060" ribbon:ScreenTipService.ScreenTipHeader="Dark Blue" />
<media:SolidColorBrush ribbon:PopupGallery.Category="Line Color" Color="#7030A0" ribbon:ScreenTipService.ScreenTipHeader="Purple" />
</x:Array>
</ribbon:PopupGallery.CategorizedItemsSource>
</ribbon:ColorPickerGallery>
</ribbon:Group>
Posted 15 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Steve,

We tried this here but didn't see any issues.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 1 month ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.