incorrect restore invisibility state for menu elements

Bars for Windows Forms Forum

Posted 15 years ago by MaxGrigorev
I am using run-time customization toolbars from UIStudio v2.0.0100 for Windows Forms.

I have found the following bug with use LoadBarLayoutFromFile\SaveBarLayoutToFile functions.
The condition of invisibility for menu elements is incorrectly restored at use of function LoadBarLayoutFromFile.

1. During program execution I delete through customize dialog some menu elements.
2. I cause function SaveBarLayoutToFile with a flag isComplete(differential layout) established in false.
3. I close the my application.
In xml a file all changed options remain correctly.
File piece:
</DockedStateInfo>
<CommandLinks>
<CommandLink Action="Update" Index="0" Command="Menu Bar.File">
<CommandLinks>
<CommandLink Action="Remove" Index="1" Command="File.Open" />
<CommandLink Action="Remove" Index="0" Command="File.New" />
</CommandLinks>
</CommandLink>
</CommandLinks>

5. I start the program and I cause LoadBarLayoutFromFile for this file.
6. The first element(commandlink for menu Command = "File. Open") of the menu will not be displayed only.
Nevertheless the second element of the menu((commandlink for menu Command = "File. New") ) will be displayed.
Despite tag "action=remove" in xml a file.
7. If to use SaveBarLayoutToFile with parameter isComplete established in true the invisible state of all elements of the menu will be correctly restored.

[Modified at 12/16/2008 05:30 AM]

Comments (1)

Posted 15 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
We're not aware of any problems with the differential layout loads and that same code has been in place for quite a while. First, I'd try grabbing the latest build 105 from our web site to see if that helps with the issue.

If not and you still see a problem, could you please assemble a tiny sample project that shows it happening (with any related steps we need to do at runtime) and email it over so we can debug it? Thanks!

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.