StatusBarProgressBarPanel

Bars for Windows Forms Forum

Posted 15 years ago by Miriam Kuruvilla
Version: 2.0.0105
I am using the StatusBarProgressBarPanel on my StatusBar. Everything is fine if I set my Renderer to VisualStudio2002StatusBarRenderer.

As soon as I set it to either Office2003StausBarRenderer or VisualStudio2005StatusBarRenderer, the ProgressBar panel is no longer displayed.

Do I have to set something else for this to be displayed?

Comments (3)

Posted 15 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Miriam,

Those two renderers use System.Windows.Forms.VisualStyles.VisualStyleRenderer to render their contents. But still they both check VisualStyleRenderer.IsSupported before using it. If that is false, they should fallback to "normal" drawing code.

Is there anything in your app you can think of that may be breaking this? Does the problem happen in our Bar Controls sample when you switch renderers?

Actipro Software Support

Posted 15 years ago by Miriam Kuruvilla
I checked the BarControls sample and it was not an issue. So I compared my code with that and changed the properties to match that of the sample. Now my code works just fine, although I am not sure what fixed it. If I run into this again, I will try to get some repro steps.

I also noticed that the Office2003 and VisualStudio2005 renderers dont have the Properties that can be used to change the appearance of the ProgessBar, atleast not from the property grid. Can this be done through the code?

Also what is the UIRendererManager, and where can I get the documentation for that control?

Thanks.
Miriam
Posted 15 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Miriam,

As mentioned above, the Windows visual styles render those progressbars so there isn't any customization for them.

Please look at the Global Renders documentation topic for help on UIRendererManager.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.