Some questions regarding Ribbon window

Ribbon for WPF Forum

Posted 15 years ago by Anurodh Ora
Version: 4.5.0482
Hi,

I have some questions regarding Ribbon window.

1. Not able to change the Window Style property in Ribbon window.
2. How to make window re-sizable(only with grip) without showing Maximize button in title bar.
3. How to remove Minimize and Maximize button from window title bar, even close button also.

Comments (10)

Posted 15 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Anurodh,

1) I would think setting the Style property would work.
2) Resize grips currently should work if they are included in the RibbonWindow and you have CanResize or CanResizeWithGrip set.
3) I'm not sure this is possible, because while we could add options like HasMaximizeButton, they would only have an effect when Vista Aero glass is not used and our titlebar template kicked in. When glass was active, the system would be drawing the title bar and therefore would ignore our settings and keep the buttons visible.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 15 years ago by Mike Strobel - Software Engineer, CDC Software
Bill, I just sent you an e-mail describing an option for implementing #3.
Posted 14 years ago by Adrian Anton
Hi Mike,

Can you please send me the email you sent to Bill, we have the same problem trying to implement Office Fluent UI with Actipro.

Thanks,
Adrian
Posted 14 years ago by Mike Strobel - Software Engineer, CDC Software
Hi Adrian,

I don't remember exactly what my idea was, but I'm pretty sure it turned out to be a dead end. I think the only way to effectively hide the minimize/maximize buttons with the native window chrome is to modify the frame such that it's not resizable.

Mike
Hi Mike,

First of all, thanks for the quick answer.

We are trying to get the same functionality as in Microsoft Excel, meaning that when you maximize the window the title bar will be merged with the application's one and we have the minimize, maximize and close buttons integrated with the ribbon, near the help button.

I saw some messages on the forums saying that there is a problem with the Aero theme, please let me know if you found a solution for this.

Thanks again,
Adrian
Posted 14 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Adrian,

The help button is just a ribbon:Button in the TabPanelItems. Here is a snippet from our demos:
<ribbon:Ribbon.TabPanelItems>
    <ribbon:Button KeyTipAccessText="Z" Command="ApplicationCommands.Help" />
</ribbon:Ribbon.TabPanelItems>
So you could just add other ribbon:Buttons in there on the fly at run-time that have commands attached to modify your MDI windows. That should work.

Actipro Software Support

I have the help button in place already.

Adding minimize, maximize and close buttons was my initial choice also but I was looking for something integrated with the ribbon. Are you planning to have something like this in the next version?
Hi Adrian,

It is something we have on our TODO list but I can't yet say when it will be implemented. If this is something that you need very soon, we can always be contracted to implement it for you. More info on that option is here:
http://www.actiprosoftware.com/Purchase/ConsultingServices.aspx

Actipro Software Support

Posted 14 years ago by Adrian Anton-Onofrei
Hi,

I think we will give it a try using the buttons. Nevertheless, can you please send me a guesstimate of how much it will cost us for you to implement this? So we will know in case we run into problems.

Thanks,
Adrian
Hi Adrian,

Can you submit a request on this page and we'll discuss this offline?
http://www.actiprosoftware.com/Purchase/ConsultingServices.aspx

In your request please specify the details of what exact functionality you are looking for. Thanks!

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.