Posted 15 years ago by Alex
Version: 4.0.0280
We are using this editor in our commercial product and it works really good. Kudos to you for the great product and very well thought architecture.
Here is my question. We use it to embed a “poor man” C# editor into our application. Everything works great. But one of our customers ( and the biggest one) complains about intermittent issues with Intelliprompt. All of a sudden is stops working. The code itself is valid and can be compiled and executed, but Intelliprompt doesn’t show up. Closing and reopening of the editor doesn’t help, but If they restart entire application, everything works fine for a while, until the next chocking of Intelliprompt. We can’t reproduce it inhouse and all other customers don’t report this problem.
I would greatly appreciate your help in this matter. Could you please share some ideas what can go wrong and where should I start looking?

My best regards,
Alex

Comments (3)

Posted 15 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Alex,

There are only a couple things I can think of that could cause this. First would be if you weren't assigning the Filename on documents. That is used to determine how to cache source code reflection data.

Second would be a problem with the SemanticParserService. Namely if it is off or hung up in an infinite loop within a parser. You could probably check for this problem state by seeing it it's busy (without typing anything immediately beforehand) at the time the problem seems to be occurring.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 15 years ago by Alex
You are absolutly correct. Since we store code in our own classe, I didn't assign the Document.FileName. I will defintely set it now to some value. Can I use some bogus value like "SampleCode.cs"?
Thanks a lot for the valuable support!

Alex
Posted 15 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Alex,

Yes that would do it. Be sure to check out the "key steps for getting started" portion of the main .NET Languages Add-on topic. That indicates all the things you must do to get it working properly, including the filename.

I'd recommend if you are going to do bogus filenames then maybe to assign a GUID string instead so you can ensure each document's filename is unique.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 3 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.