Resolve System.Reflection.MemberInfo from caret position

SyntaxEditor .NET Languages Add-on for Windows Forms Forum

Posted 15 years ago by Nicklas Chapman
Hi,

I am using SyntaxEditor with the .NET add-on to edit C# code.

I would like to use Actipro's parsing capabilities to resolve a System.Reflection.MemberInfo from the current caret position in the editor. I have managed to resolve a MemberAccess expression easily enough, but to make the last step to an actual MemberInfo I have had to write a whole lot of code covering cases such as static members on other classes, members inherited from a base class or members referenced on an object returned by native properties.

I have the feeling that I am missing something and that I should be able to make a better job of using the parsing engine included.

What is the best way to resolve a MemberInfo object from the current caret position?

Thanks and best regards.

Comments (1)

Posted 15 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Niklas,

You can get context information by calling a static method like GetContextBeforeOffset on the CSharpContext class. There you pass it a document and an offset and it determines what it is for you if it can. Hope that helps!

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 3 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.