Best way to tell when a toolwindow has changed state?

Docking/MDI for Windows Forms Forum

Posted 15 years ago by Chien A.
Version: 2.0.99
There seems to be no event notification for when a toolwindow's state is changed. Shadowing the State property itself won't work as this property is not used internally by the toolwindow when it changes state due to user input...what would be the best way to detect this and/or could this event be added?

Comments (5)

Posted 15 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Chien,

Unfortunately we don't have a specific event right now for that. It's something we have on the TODO list but haven't gotten around to adding yet.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 15 years ago by Chien A.
I see...is there any workaround I can do atm to achieve the same end? I've also tried overriding the OnParentChanged method which looked promising at first but unfortunately at the time that method is called the state property has not yet been updated to the new state :(.
Posted 15 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Chien,

Offhand I can't think of anything other than some combination of looking at the parent changed event along with probably the parent's parent changed event too. But you said the state value hadn't changed yet at that point, so that probably isn't a viable option then.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 13 years ago by Yusuf Bar-Sawme
Has this been fixed yet? Is there a event to use that indicates a toolwindows has been docked or not?

Thanks...
Posted 13 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Sorry but that hasn't been implemented yet.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.