Colors of the MDI Tabs

Docking/MDI for Windows Forms Forum

Posted 14 years ago by Pablo Bizzotto
Version: 2.0.0110
Hi, I want to know how I can defined different colors for the MDI Tabs Document Windows (like Microsoft One Note Application).

In the TabStrip this behavior could be achieve with the TabSelectedBackgroundFill or TabUnselectedBackgroundFill properties assigning an Multigradient object for each TabStrip Page, but in the document windows I don´t see this properties in each document. I have this in the render for the dock manager container So I could change the colors for all the documents but I couldn´t define different colors for different documents.

¿Could you show me how to achieve this behavior with the documents?

Thanks in advance.

Comments (2)

Posted 13 years ago by Pablo Bizzotto
I see you have answered several posts before and after mine, but mine did not.

Do not support consumers who evaluate your product in this forum?

Who I can ask if your product supports the requested features?

Best Regards,

Pablo.
Posted 13 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Pablo,

Sorry we reply to all support requests but for some reason the email notification for this post must not have been received, so we weren't aware it was posted. Perhaps there was a mail server issue at the time it was posted.

I don't believe the docking windows have similar properties to the ones you described. So you'd have to create a renderer that overrides the tab drawing and does the tab drawing yourself.

The DockManager has a TabbedMdiContainerTabStripRenderer property that you can set with any TabStrip renderer. So you could inherit the VisualStudio2005DocumentWindowTabStripRenderer class for instance and override methods to draw the tabs with colors. Then set that class instance to the TabbedMdiContainerTabStripRenderer property.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.