RibbonStyles.TextBoxKey and AnimatedProgressBar memory leak

Ribbon for WPF Forum

Posted 15 years ago by Simone Grignola
Version: 4.5.0485
Platform: .NET 3.5
Environment: Windows Vista (32-bit)
Hello,
I'm handling some memory leaks in our application and I've found a strange leak when we use your styles.
The first is a basedon style of this type:

<Style TargetType="TextBox" BasedOn="{StaticResource {x:Static ribbon:RibbonStyles.TextBoxKey}}">
<Setter Property="AutoWordSelection" Value="True"/>
</Style>

At this time when we put a textbox in a usercontrol the control is never released because the contextstorage of the textbox keeps a reference to _parent._parent (checked with a memory profiler).
Can you send me the style to see where is the problem?

The second memory leak affects the AnimatedProgressBar, everything works fine but when we set the theme using Theme="AeroNormalColor" there is leak similar to the one of the textbox and the whole usercontrol leaks.

Can you help us to find the problem?

Thank you very much

Simone Grignola

Comments (1)

Posted 15 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Simone,

We would certainly like to help find the problem. If you could please send over a sample project (to our support address) that replicates the issues, then we can take a look. We recently ran the AnimatedProgressBar through some leak tests and did not see any issues. Nor have we had any other reports of these objects leaking.

Also, if you are a customer we can send any of the default Styles for products have licensed. Again, just send an email to our support address requesting them.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 1 month ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.