Getting started

Editors for WPF Forum

Posted 15 years ago by Crile Carvey
I installed from http://www.actiprosoftware.com/ActiproWPFStudio.zip and ended up with 4.5.0486, but I don't see the editor component when I Add Reference from VS.

Can you post a "hello, world" for the new editor? Or at least a quick 1,2,3 to get started?

Crile

Comments (4)

Posted 15 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Crile,

I just checked the installer and the Editors component was visible in the Add Reference dialog. Additionally, the Sample Browser includes an Editors section with several Demos and QuickStarts.

Please make sure you uninstalled any previous versions before installing the beta, as it cannot be run in parallel with the last RTM version (which was also 4.5.0.486).

Actipro Software Support

Okay, good.

Could you please describe the uninstall process? There are no Actipro products that show up in the Windows uninstaller.

Crile
Posted 15 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Crile,

To uninstall you would need to goto Add/Remove Programs under the control panel and uninstall Actipro WPF Studio vX.Y.ZZZZ. Is this what you are refering to as the "Windows uninstaller"?

Actipro Software Support

Yes, that's what I meant by "Windows uninstaller". Something was hosed up in there and ActiPro did not appear on the list - I have now straightened things out and all is well.

I recently rebuilt this PC and perhaps did not install properly - note that ActiPro components still worked - thanks to .NET XCopy deployment I suppose.

Crile
The latest build of this product (v24.1.2) was released 5 days ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.