Edit Actions bug

SyntaxEditor for WPF Forum

Posted 15 years ago by Jens Wehking
Platform: .NET 3.5
Environment: Windows XP (32-bit)
After a few days of work, I think I found a small bug in the area of EditActions.
Steps to reproduce the bug:

1) Open the Edit Actions sample.
2) DoubleClick on action 'SelectBlockDown'
3) DoubleClick on action 'CopyToClipboard'
4) Go to the end of the document
5) DoubleClick on action 'PasteFromClipboard'

Result:

Example hung up in eventhandler OnEditActionListViewDoubleClick
trying to execute the edit action.

Paste from clipboard to e.g. notepad worked correctly.

Hope, it helps.

My first impression as a new user of SyntaxEditor for WPF:

Really great work !!!

Comments (5)

Posted 15 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Jens,

Thanks for the post. I tried it here and it's working ok but we also have done some work in this area since the build you have. We're hoping to get out a new build soon. The next build probably won't have virtual space and block selection completely correct yet but it is something we are trying to complete before a public beta.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 14 years ago by Samuel Amoser
Hi

I'm sorry, but the bug describet by Jens is still living at V 9.1.505.0:
If I copy a block with two lines and paste it on the last line of the document, it hangs. If there are (at least) as many lines available as in the copied block, it works OK.

May you have a look at it?
Thanks,
samivel.
Posted 14 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Samivel,

Thanks, we can repro it now. We'll have it fixed for the next maintenance release.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 14 years ago by Samuel Amoser
Hi, it works much better now in Build 0507, thank you. But...
... if I have some lines like

and select a block over the first digit on all lines and paste it on the last line, I get

If there are (at least) as many lines available as in the copied block, it works OK.

Thanks...
samivel.
Posted 14 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Thanks, we found another couple minor issues with block pasting that were contributing to this. They will be fixed in the next build.

Also just FYI, there is still an open issue where if you paste a block at the end of a document at a non-zero column the text will be be inserted at column 0 on virtual lines (lines that didn't exist yet) since virtual line functionality isn't yet complete and still has some TODO items we need to work on before that works completely correctly.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.2) was released 2 days ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.