How to make an auto-populated Property Readonly

Grids for WPF Forum

Posted 10 years ago by Lars Reith
Hi,

I would like to know if there is an easy way to set an auto-populated property to readonly in the Editor.

I am using the TypeDescriptorFactory to Browse to properties of an object dynamically set to SelectedObject. I am using a DataFilter to display only the properties of interest:

<propgrid:PropertyGrid.DataFilter>
<propgrid:DataFilterGroup Operation="Or">
<propgrid:PropertyStringFilter Source="ValueName" Operation="Contains" Value="Name" />
<propgrid:PropertyStringFilter Source="ValueName" Operation="Contains" Value="Description" />
</propgrid:DataFilterGroup>
</propgrid:PropertyGrid.DataFilter>

How do I configure a property, say Name, to be readonly, meaning being just displayed, nothing more.

I figured out I can use a custom PropertyEditor with a DataTemplate simply using a TextBlock. But then I have to deal a little with styling it so everything looks like the property had been readonly by default (no setter). Can't it be done easier?

My Property Editor:

<propgrid:PropertyGrid.PropertyEditors>
<propgrid:PropertyEditor PropertyName="Name" ValueTemplate="{StaticResource SimpleTextBlock}" />
</propgrid:PropertyGrid.PropertyEditors>

The simple DataTemplate:

<DataTemplate x:Key="SimpleTextBlock">
<TextBlock>
<TextBlock.Text>
<Binding Path="Value" Mode="OneWay" RelativeSource="{RelativeSource AncestorType={x:Type Primitives:IPropertyDataAccessor}}" />
</TextBlock.Text>
</TextBlock>
</DataTemplate>

Best Regards!

Comments (1)

Posted 10 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Lars,

It depends on how you are populating the PropertyGrid, but typically you would decorate your property with the ReadOnlyAttribute, like this:
[ReadOnly(true)]
public string Name {
    get; set;
}

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v2019.1 build 0681) was released 18 days ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.