<summary> comments shown by the infotip on multilines

SyntaxEditor .NET Languages Add-on for Windows Forms Forum

Posted 15 years ago by gardea
Version: 4.0.0281
In user code, comments (<summary> for e.g.) are typically entered on multiple lines to ensure 80 or whatever reasonable # of characters/line.

The info tip in Visual Studio shows them as one line, maybe wrapped to fit the screen when too long.

On the other hand, the SyntaxEditor seems to keep the # of lines the <summary/> had in the code.

To illustrate:
///<summary>
/// 1
/// 2
/// 3
///</summary>

will show as 1 2 3 in Visual Studio
and as
in SyntaxEditor.

Should this be taken care of internally by SyntaxEditor or should the users try to deal with it?

Thank you.

Comments (3)

Posted 15 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi are you sure you have the latest maintenance release? I'm not seeing this at all. In my tests in the SDI Editor demo it works like VS.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 15 years ago by gardea
Hi, sorry for my delayed response. Yes, I am using the most recent versions.
If you try what I've suggested in your sample app it does work right, but that's not what I've meant: try that comment and compile in Visual Studio, to generate the XML documentation file; then reference the XML documentation in your sample app (via resolver, etc.). You'll see what I am talking about. Same XML documentation loaded in a Visual Studio project looks ok. Thank you.
Posted 15 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Thanks I see it now and we have it fixed for the next maintenance release.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.