Programmatically controlling tool window sizes

Docking/MDI for Windows Forms Forum

Posted 15 years ago by Rodelco
Version: 2.0.0106
I have read about this subject in several forum topics, but still have not found an answer. I have a child form with 5 tool windows on it. The docking manager control used for these tool windows is set to "ToolWindowInnerFill". In the design environment, I lay out the size and location approximately the way I want it (there is one window across the entire top, another window below that and docked to the left, and then three windows below the top window that are on the right:
---------------------------------
|..........window 1................|
|-------------------------------|
|...................|...window 3...|
|...................|---------------|
|...................|...window 4...|
|...window 2...|---------------|
|...................|...window 5...|
|___________|___________|

When my application starts, this child form is loaded into a main MDI Form, and is maximized to fill the client area of the MDI form. Since this changes the size of the child form, my tool windows re-size. I would like to keep the height of "window 1" the same as it is in the design environment, letting "window 2" grow in height, and having "window 3", "window 4", and "window 5" grow in height proportionately. I have experimented with undocking "window 1", settings its "dockedsize" property, and re-docking it; but I can't get this to work.

Any suggestions on what the best way to accomplish this would be? Thanks for any help you can offer.

Comments (1)

Posted 15 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Rodelco,

Sorry but at this time due to how the root items are docked via the built-in Windows Forms Dock functionality provided by Microsoft, only one of the root items expands.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 1 month ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.