Loading docksite layout with serializer problems

Docking/MDI for WPF Forum

Posted 15 years ago by Willie
Version: 4.5.0486
Platform: .NET 3.5
Environment: Windows Vista (32-bit)
When i want to restore layout by using the docksitelayoutserializer i have two problem:

1) when the function is called, my docksite is closed (the windowclosing event is fired)
I do not want that to happen. Why?

2) when loaded and I enlarge (splitcontainer) the toolbox area at the right the content remains at the same initial width and only the container is enlarged.
When I make the toolbox smaller, a part of the content is invisible.

When I start my application without this load of layout all works fine, the content is adjusted to the width of the toolbox when resized.
Looks like a bug to me.

Dim v As New actiproSoftware.Windows.Controls.Docking.Serialization.DockSiteLayoutSerializer

v.LoadFromString(SavedLayout, MainDockSite)

Comments (2)

Posted 15 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Willie,

1) When a layout is loaded, it does close down any open tool windows. But then it reopens the appropriate ones when loading the layout. There was a bug where the appropriate "open" events weren't firing, only the "close" events were. This was fixed in the 2009.1 release from last week.

2) If your content isn't resizing properly it may be an issue with how you snap the content size to its container. Otherwise if you think it's a problem with our code, please email over a simple sample that shows the issue. Thanks!

Actipro Software Support

Posted 15 years ago by Willie
2)
The content inside the container is not snapped in any way. It is completely dependent on the size of the parent.

If have to see if I can make a simple example of this.
The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.