Contents of Webbrowser showing through Toolwindow

Docking/MDI for WPF Forum

Posted 15 years ago by Martin - Blaise - Statistics Netherlands
Version: 9.1.0500
The contents of a System.Windows.Controls.WebBrowser inside a DocumentWindow, in a MDI document area, is visible through an (empty) overlaying toolwindow (docked).

It seems that the WPF Webbrowser control is in fact just an COM Webbrowser, cause this behaviour looks like a forms problem:(

UseHostedAutoHidePopups is False;

Any suggestion?

Comments (4)

Posted 15 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
If you are using standard MDI then that could be an issue since due to how Microsoft implemented WPF interop, there is no way to get WPF content on top of interop content unless the WPF is in a Popup or other Window.

If you use tabbed MDI, this shouldn't be an issue since tabbed keeps the MDI interop content within the bounds of the Workspace.

Actipro Software Support

Yeah:(

i have a SyntaxEditor (Forms) in another window and this one displayed correctly. And yes, both page is inside a MDITabbedContainer.

I guess its a real MS problem :( The only solution seems to be to use a Forms Webbrowser control instead of the WPF Webbrowser control, which looks like a strange solution.
Posted 15 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
The WPF browser does use interop and therefore I believe does suffer the same z-order issues as WinForms controls. But if you are seeing something different with the WPF browser control vs. other WinForms controls, please email over a simple sample project that shows the issue and we'll be happy to take a look. Thanks.

Actipro Software Support

i just replaced the control with a Forms Webbrowser control inside a WindowsHostControl, but saw no change:(

ill keep looking:)
The latest build of this product (v24.1.2) was released 2 days ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.