serialization layout sizing

Docking/MDI for WPF Forum

Posted 15 years ago by Greg Larson
Version: 9.1.0500
I am saving / loading my layout to / from a file. I am using ToolWindow inner-fill mode with a layout similar to this:

DockSite
SplitContainer
ToolWindowContainer
ToolWindow
ToolWindowContainer
ToolWindow
ToolWindowContainer
ToolWindow
ToolWindowContainer
ToolWindow

When the ToolWindows are laid out horizontally, the widths are preserved when I load. However when they are laid out vertically, the saved window heights are ignored and the ToolWindows are given equal heights. I can resize and save or edit the heights in the file manually and it makes no difference.

Any ideas?

Thanks.
Greg

Comments (2)

Posted 15 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Greg,

No ideas offhand. If you want to put together a simple sample project that shows the issue and email it over, we can take a look. Thanks!

Actipro Software Support

Posted 15 years ago by Greg Larson
Thanks, but as I was creating a sample project for you I found the problem. It looks like an issue with DockSite hosted in a StackPanel. If I use a Grid, everything works fine.

In my case, the DockSite is in a UserControl hosted in an ItemsControl. Changing the ItemsPanelTemplate of the ItemsControl to use a Grid rather than the default StackPanel did the trick.
The latest build of this product (v24.1.2) was released 2 days ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.