Switch from Standard MDI to Tabbed MDI

Docking/MDI for WPF Forum

Posted 15 years ago by FinallyInSeattle
Version: 4.5.0487
I'm working on a prototype of an existing app that has our current StandardMdiHost switched to a TabbedMdiHost. For some strange reason, my tabs are these HUGE triangles with the text in the middle (normal size text). The height of the entire tab area is about 150 pixels. What affects this? I've not:
    Set a ControlSize
    Re-styled any Actipro controls
Here's my basic layout (I've left out most of the contents of the windows/containers):

<actr:DockSite Name="dockSite" AutomationProperties.AutomationId="dockSite" Margin="0,1,0,0" FontSize="{StaticResource DefaultSRContainerFontSize}" 
                       AreDocumentWindowsDestroyedOnClose="False"
                       CanToolWindowsClose="False"
                       CanToolWindowsBecomeDocuments="False"
                       CanToolWindowTabsToggleStateOnDoubleClick="True"
                       Loaded="dockSite_Loaded">

<actr:DockSite.Switcher>
      <ui:CustomStandardSwitcher />
    </actr:DockSite.Switcher>

<actr:DockSite.ToolWindowTransitionSelector>
      <docking:ToolWindowTransitionSelector />
    </actr:DockSite.ToolWindowTransitionSelector>

<actr:DockSite.AutoHideBottomContainers>
      <actr:ToolWindowContainer Name="toolWindowContainerKM" AutomationProperties.AutomationId="twContainerKnowledgeManagementBottom">
        <actr:ToolWindow Name="toolWindowKMArticles" Title="Knowledge Search Results(Powered by Visual KB)"  
                               AutomationProperties.AutomationId="toolWindowKnowledgeManagement"
                               HasOptions="True" CanClose="False" CanBecomeDocument="True">
          <local:VkbSearchResultForm HorizontalAlignment="Stretch" VerticalAlignment="Stretch"></local:VkbSearchResultForm>
        </actr:ToolWindow>
      </actr:ToolWindowContainer>
    </actr:DockSite.AutoHideBottomContainers >

<docking:SplitContainer Name="mainSplitContainer" AutomationProperties.AutomationId="mainSplitContainer">

<docking:ToolWindowContainer Name="twcNavigationPane" docking:DockSite.ControlSize="175,768" AutomationProperties.AutomationId="twcNavigationPane">
        <docking:ToolWindow Name="toolWindowNavigation" Title="Navigation Pane" CanAutoHide="True" CanBecomeDocument="False" CanClose="False" CanAttach="False"
                              CanRaft="False" CanDrag="False" HasTitleBar="True" HasOptions="False" AutomationProperties.AutomationId="toolWindowNavigation">

</docking:ToolWindow>

</docking:ToolWindowContainer>

<docking:Workspace Name="workSpace" AutomationProperties.AutomationId="workSpace">
        <docking:TabbedMdiHost AutomationProperties.AutomationId="standardMdiHost" Name="standardMdiHost" IsImageOnTab="True" Selector.SelectionChanged="internalWindowHost_SelectionChanged">

</docking:TabbedMdiHost>
      </docking:Workspace>

</docking:SplitContainer>

</actr:DockSite>

Comments (3)

Posted 15 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
The only time I've seen what you are describing is if you don't follow the required object model described in the documentation. For instance, if in your XAML you put a DocumentWindow right in a TabbedMdiHost, instead of having a DocumentWindow in a TabbedMdiContainer in a TabbedMdiHost. Could that be the problem?

Actipro Software Support

Posted 15 years ago by FinallyInSeattle
I'm programmatically adding DocumentWindow's, there aren't any declared in XAML. I use the "new DocumentWindow(dockSite)" constructor and then do an "wdw.Activate(true)".

I'm almost certain that I tried this out a long time ago and there wasn't any issues. I'm running out of ideas as to what is causing this.
Posted 15 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
We'd probably need you to email over a simple sample project that shows the issue so we can take a look. Please reference this post in your email.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.2) was released 0 days ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.