Posted 19 years ago by Paul Huckstepp - UK
I recently posted regarding a possible scrollbar issue which you indicated was fixed in the newest 158 build. I have since then checked the new build and updated the application I was building and I have noticed the problem still occurs.

However it only occurs in an MDI capacity. Heres how I can repeat the problem.

I've got a VB.NET03 app that has 2 MDI windows with 1 syntax editor on each, each window has a different document open and the MDI windows are maximised. When the second window is opened it will initially scroll correctly, when swapping back to the other window the scrollbars will no longer scroll to the last line and if the caret was previously on the last line you cannot see it. You can press Enter to insert a line feed and the scrollbars then correct themselves.

I can also now replicate the ghost caret issue as well, heres my previous post:

-------------------------
When using a split view (horizontal only) dragging on of one of the split views scrollbars displays a caret that scrolls on the other view in line with the scrollbar movement. The display of the odd caret seems to relate to where it was on the opposite view. Everything still works once you've finsihed scrolling and the caret does maintain the correct location it just appears that a secondary caret is moving about with the scrollbars. Hope this makes sense.
-------------------------

And this is how you replicate the issue:

Open and run the sample VB application, once loaded split the control in two (I dragged half way). In the top view move to the bottom of the document and click the caret in on of the bottom lines, then drag the scrollbar from the bottom view slowly down from the top, you will see the caret in the top view move as you move the scrollbars. This also occurs if you then move the bottom view to the bottom of the document and scroll the top view up.

Hope this helps narrow down the problems.

Comments (5)

Posted 19 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Paul,

I was able to duplicate the ghost caret issue. Thanks for posting the repro.

Can you email me a small sample project showing the first issue as well? That would help!

Actipro Software Support

I will try to sort out a sample application and send it over to you shortly.

Glad I could help
Paul, got both issues fixed for the next maintenance release.

Actipro Software Support

Thats great, I look forward to the new release. Any date for it?
Not sure yet... there are some other minor fixes that have been made too so probably sometime in the next 2-3 weeks.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.