Posted 19 years ago by painetraine
Is there a max length of a line before it will automatically wrap (even when word wrapping is turned off)?

I have some text that when I display it in the editor it wraps the text even though word wrapping is turned off.

Thanks

Comments (3)

Posted 19 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
I believe there is a max pixel width of int.MaxValue before it wraps. So that would have to be a lot of text on one line to make that happen.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 19 years ago by painetraine
Nevermind. I had changed the object to System.Forms.TextBox but was still calling it by its old Se name.

One question, I had to use a textbox (winforms) because I have to load in files that are very large, ie 50MB or so. is there any way to load these in SE quickly?

I can't seem to load them into SE and it seems to just hang. Are there some settings I can turn off (I basically want the features of notepad to display this textbox but need unlimited line length which winforms textbox doesn't support).

I don't know if you've ever tried loading a 50MB file into SE but it seems very slow to me. Maybe I have some settings turned on causing the slowness although the user requesting this is somewhat unreasonable (who can understand 50million characters in a single text file???)

Thanks
Posted 19 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
This is something that I'd like to discuss in the roundtable chat on Wednesday. We need to talk about how to change some designs so that large documents can be loaded quicker.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.