Hide Mask Indicators

Editors for WPF Forum

Posted 15 years ago by Andy Ver Murlen
I have looked through all the various members, and nothing jumped out at me, so if this is completely obvious, I apologize.

Is there a simple way (like a MaskIndicatorVisibility property) to disable the characters that get displayed in the editors textboxes? For example, in a Int32EditBox, when it gets focus it shows one dot in it, which I would like to turn off.

[Modified at 07/27/2009 01:35 PM]

Comments (3)

Posted 15 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Andy,

Currently, you would need to retemplate the Int32Part, so that PromptIndicatorVisibility is set to Never or FocusedOnly on the MaskedTextBox. If you are using WPF Studio 2009.1 or later than you can download the default Styles and update them as needed (see http://blog.actiprosoftware.com/post/2009/06/18/WPF-Studio-20091-customers-can-now-download-default-control-styles.aspx). Or you can email us for the default styles if you are using a different version/product.

In the next maintenance release, we've made this a bit easier to change by using a ComponentResourceKey on the Style used for the MaskedTextBox in the parts.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 15 years ago by Andy Ver Murlen
Thanks for the reply. Two things...

1. I had downloaded the styles some time ago, and have been using/modifying them in my application. However, I can't seem to find the style for the Int32Part. I would have thought it would be in (from the downloaded zip file) Editors\Themes\Editors\Controls then either "PartEditBox" or "TextBoxBase", however I am missing it.

2. Why not simply expose the "PromptIndicatorVisibility" property to the Editors that would make use of it?
Posted 15 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Andy,

1. The type-specific parts editors, part groups, and parts are located in the XAML files under Editors\Themes\Editors. Aside from the imports these files are identical.

2. I've added a PromptIndicatorVisibility property to the PartEditBox control for the next maintenance release.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.2) was released 3 days ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.