Code Highlighting ------- Plz Reply...

SyntaxEditor for Windows Forms Forum

Posted 15 years ago by Hassan
Version: 4.0.0245
Hi ! I am using your syntax editor (V 4.0.245). The editor is super excellent. I want to ask you that how can I add custom language highlighting.

For example: I want to highlight the following words in every document.
1: Create
2: Public
3: Accessible
4: Globally

;etc...

Please tell me that how can I add these words, so that they are highlighted in the document.
Regards,
Hassan

[Modified at 08/23/2009 11:43 AM]

Comments (4)

Posted 15 years ago by Matt Whitfield
Take a look at the sample project - there's a lot of syntaxes already defined, and you'll be able to work out how to craft your own from there...
Posted 15 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Hassan,

That's a rather old build you have, I'd recommend you update to the lastest build. But as Matt said, probably the easiest way to start out creating a new language would be to copy one of our dynamic language XML definitions and change it according to your language specifications.

We're currently prototyping out a next generation framework with the WPF version of SyntaxEditor. In that we're working on a wizard where you enter some general info about your languages (keywords, etc.) and it will auto-generate a language definition to get you started that you can modify. Some initial info on that future feature is here:
http://blog.actiprosoftware.com/post/2009/07/07/First-look-SyntaxEditor-language-template-builder-wizard.aspx

It will be available for the WPF version first but we eventually hope to port it to WinForms to help with language creation there as well.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 15 years ago by Hassan
Thanks for your reply but I don't have a sample project. Please mail me a xml file so that I can edit it and load via LoadLanguageFromXML() method.

Regards,
Hassan
Posted 15 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hassan,

You should have a sample project from us unless you chose not to install it when you installed SyntaxEditor on your machine. If you don't have one on there, then get the SyntaxEditor installer, run it again, and make sure you keep the option selected to install the sample project. This way there will be many sample language definitions for you to see.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 1 month ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.